Pandan Popsicles with Hemp & Brown Rice Protein (GF)
As with most things, I’m very wary of the ingredients in my protein powder. So I was super excited to try REA Superfoods Just Protein Powder—made only from hemp and brown rice powder, nothing else. These Pandan Protein Popsicles are a combination of some of my favourite flavours. They’re creamy yet light making them such a refreshing treat, and are a great way to do something fun with your protein powder!
Having been taking more protein powders after my workouts, I’ve been opting for unflavoured versions and adding in my own natural flavours. Pandan powder has been my go to as I love it’s distinct tropical fragrance. So I decided to turn that into a quick treat paired with some other great flavours from the banana, avocado, coconut and gula melaka.
Made from hemp and brown rice powder, REA Superfoods Just Protein Powder has 16g of protein per serving and provides 20 amino acids, including the 9 essential amino acids that your body is unable to produce on its own. It’s also loaded with healthy omega fatty acids and antioxidants and is a good source of calcium and fibre. While it’s perfectly fine to heat the protein powder, I decided to go for a raw recipe to preserve the omega fatty acids.
These are great to make ahead of time and store for when you need a quick treat that’s not loaded with extra sugar and unwanted ingredients. Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you give these a go!
Recipe: Pandan popsicles with hemp & Brown rice protein (vgn, Gf, RSF)
Makes 9 popsicles
• 2 pisang mas or 1 big banana
• ½ avocado
• 2 cups plant-based milk
• 1 scoop REA Superfoods Just Protein powder
• 1½ tbsp pandan powder
• 1 tsp Just Greens powder
• 1 tbsp coconut butter
• 2 tbsp gula melaka syrup
• ½ cup cacao butter
• ¼ cup coconut butter
• 1 tbsp gula melaka syrup
• Coconut flakes, goji berries, cacao nibs
1. Make popsicles. Place all the popsicle ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture to popsicle moulds and freeze overnight. Once set, remove the popsicles from the moulds.
2. Garnish. Melt the cacao butter and mix with the coconut butter and gula melaka syrup until smooth. Dip the popsicles white they’re cold into the mixture and garnish with a sprinkling of the toppings. Place back onto a tray and freeze for a few minutes to set.