Cacao Cashew Butter Bark (GF, Refined-Sugar Free)
Chocolatey, nutty, a lil' sweet and a lil' salty — this Cacao Cashew Butter Bark is so delish, yet so simple to make! And because you can make it ahead and keep it in the freezer, it's the perfect snack to have on hand to satisfy any sweet cravings.
Nut butters are a staple in my house but we always make our own because commercial brands often fill theirs with sugar, palm oil and other ingredients I try to avoid. So I was over the moon when I came across local nut butter connoisseurs, Sweetfangs Tooth & Co.'s natural, vegan, refined-sugar free products.
Made to order, Sweetfangs Tooth & Co. delivers freshly churned nut butters straight to your doorstep within 3 working days. They currently take orders through WhatsApp and deliver within the Klang Valley.
I got their Almond & Pecan butter — made from almonds, pecans, organic agave syrup, organic Javanese coconut sugar, organic coconut oil, cinnamon and pink Himalayan salt, and their Cashew & Coconut butter — made from cashews, toasted coconut flakes, organic Javanese coconut sugar, organic coconut oil and pink Himalayan salt. Each nut butter is packed with its own unique flavours and both are a perfect smooth, runny consistency.
I used their Cashew & Coconut butter to make this marble cacao marble bark. The chocolatey nutty combo is my favourite and the crunchy toasted coconut flakes dotted throughout the cashew butter give it an amazing texture. This bark is super decadent so I chop it into small pieces which I keep in the freezer for when I need a little pick me up. Because it's not made with cacao butter or any emulsifiers it will melt fast, so I would advise not taking it out until you're going to eat it.
RECIPE: CACAO CASHEW BUTTER BARK
GLUTEN FREE, REFINED-SUGAR FREE
• ½ cup cacao powder
• ¼ cup coconut butter
• 1 tbsp maple syrup (or any other unrefined sweetener)
• Pinch of salt
• ¼ cup Sweetfangs, Tooth & Co. cashew & coconut butter
• 1 tbsp coconut oil
• Goji berries, dried mulberries, almond flakes, pumpkin seeds, cacao nibs, toasted coconut flakes
1. Make cacao mixture. In a bowl, mix the cacao powder and coconut butter until smooth and lump free. Add the maple syrup and mix again until smooth.
2. Make cashew butter mixture. In a separate bowl, mix the Sweetfangs, Tooth & Co. Cashew & Coconut butter and coconut oil until smooth.
3. Marble. Line a baking tray or dish with baking paper. Pour in both the chocolate and cashew butter mixtures. Swirl a tooth pick through the mixture to create a marbling effect.
4. Garnish & set. Sprinkle the garnish ingredients over the bark and place the tray in the freezer to set. Let it set for at least 2-3 hours.
5. Chop. Remove the bark from the freezer and add another drizzle of cashew butter over the bark and let it set for 15 mins (optional). Using a knife, chop the bark into small bite size pieces.
6. Serve. Serve immediately as there are no emulsifiers in this recipe to stop the bark from melting. Store the bark in the freezer until you are ready to eat it.